Don't you hate it when this happens to you...
- The breakfast actual start times are 7:00am instead of 8:00am as on the BEO.
- The kitchen forgot to schedule a cook to work the omelet station so you have to pull another server to cover the station; or you do it yourself (dammit, I got my new suit on!)
- The guests from today's pharmaceutical sales convention didn’t leave the room at 5:00pm as you were told and your wedding reception starts at 6:00pm in the same room.
- The dishwashers are scheduled to leave at 11:00pm but your wedding ends at 12 midnight (who’s supposed to wash the coffee cups & plates from dessert?)
- The next morning your washing the same dirty coffee cups and teaspoons yourself just to get ready for breakfast (and the waiters are pissed).
- The kitchen ran out of sea bass and there are still 30 people left to go through the buffet (they said it was too expensive and didn’t want to order too much). Damm chef...
- The purchasing manager never ordered the waiter gloves that you need for the biggest event of the year tomorrow.
- Three people at the table changed their order from chicken to beef just as you were serving it.
- As usual, the waiters you got from the agency SUCK!
- A guest complains because the waiter never offered her a second cup of coffee.
- The sales chick says “I told you about that in yesterday’s BEO meeting”.
- The coffee machine goes down always at the wrong time.
- The room service waiter that you were counting on working for you, called out because he needed to cover a shift in room service.
- The meeting planner forgot to tell you about the additional 11:15am coffee break (it’s now 11:07am). This happens all the time, right?
- You thought you had enough clean ivory napkins…
- The water from the raw bar spills all over the carpet, and stinks like hell!.
- The shampoo machine is broken (oh no)!
- You couldn’t order the specialty wines because all the liquor distributors were closed for inventory (I thought that was next week!)
- You get your butt chewed out from the father of the bride because you don’t have Uncle Tony’s favorite wine.
- The sales chick starts crying because you chewed her out for telling you too late about the special wine (actually you liked chewing her out - It's about time she got hers...).
- The G.M. chews you out for the above (dammit - I got mine)!
I could go on forever…
I need a REAL job!
If you have anything to add to this list, write it in the comment section and I’ll add it to Part 2.